|The territory of the actual Campomarino had been lived since the prehistory. In the last years they have been brought traces of an inhabited area of the age of the bronze to the light (XII-XI century a.c.) in place Difensola. Signs of stable human presence are actually relievable to the You century a.c., after the population began to choose more fit styluses in the same today's town territory. Varied hypotheses, in historical age, have been advanced where on the presence and consistence of an inhabited area Campomarino it now rises. Always goes acquiring great credibility that related to the identification with the Roman Cliternia. It existed in epoch longobard, Campomarino. Around the XI century the order of the templaris counted varied possessions. A some shine was given to the center from the count Manelfrido that in 1503 it participated in the battle of Civitate, fought between Pope Leone IX's militias and the Norman ones, that had the best. In the Norman period the place reentered in the confinements of the County of Loritello. His/her history was dominated subsequently by the varied passages to feudal families and from varied misadventures: earthquakes, pestilences and devastations of adverse troops. In the XV century a colony of Albanian was sent you from the Aragonesis. The Family of closed Sangro the series of the holders of the feud. |
Destroyed more times during the barbaric invasions, it succeeded to resurge and becoming center of primary importance Longobard and Norman.
Today the country rises on a small spur to the right of the mouth of the river Biferno. The history hands down us that in 1466 it was reached by Albanian in escape from the Turks and preserve of that population ancient uses and a typical dialect. The years that have gone since 1461 at 1470 o'clock raced, George Castriota Scanderberg (prince of Krujia Albania), it sent a body of consignment of around 5.000 Albanian driven by their nephew Coiro Stresio in help to Ferrante I in Aragon in the struggle against Giovanni of Angiņ. You populations therefore, and Campomarino, suffered also what was in the history of the Albanian colonies in Italy the third migration. For the made services, they were granted to the prince feudal right Skanderberg on Mountain Gargano, St. Giovanni Rotondo and Trani and it was granted to the soldiers and their families to appropriate in ulterior territories. The farmers Albanian rifondaronos the earths and they lived cohabiting pacifically for long time with the local population. From to visit: the church devoted Cristina to Saint, celebrated on July 24, and from to taste: the good wines of the near vineyards of Cliternia and Ramitelli. The inhabitants are called Campomarinčsi. Anciently mail on the Campomarino sea distant today from the coast a pair of kms but in the years crescendo has come, to shelter of the splendid beach, a place gifted of infrastructures and tourist services very confortable. The tourist influx according to dates some Provincial corporate body of the Tourism year 1995, it consists of around 100.000 presences in the summer period.